A wonderful variation on a traditional dessert are salt cookies. These cookies have a mild, salty flavor from the sea salt that is added, which wonderfully balances the sweetness of the dough. Making this recipe is quick and simple, and you probably already have the basic materials on hand.
Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl to begin. This ensures that the dry ingredients are distributed equally and produces a cookie with the ideal texture. Another crucial step in creating a light and fluffy batter is creaming the butter and sugars together.
Adding in the eggs one at a time and stirring in the vanilla extract enhances the flavor and richness of the cookie. Gradually adding the dry ingredients and stirring until just combined ensures that the dough is not overmixed, which can result in tough cookies.
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough onto a prepared baking sheet and sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of sea salt. This helps to enhance the savory flavor of the cookies and add a satisfying crunch to each bite. Bake the cookies until the edges are golden brown and let them cool on a wire rack.
Whether you enjoy these cookies with a cup of tea or a glass of milk, they are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Share them with family and friends or enjoy them all to yourself – either way, these salt cookies are a delicious treat that you won`t be able to resist.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Set the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C). Use parchment paper to cover a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine the butter and sugars and beat until frothy. Stir in the vanilla after beating in each egg one at a time.
- Stirring constantly, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- coop or spoon the dough onto the baking sheet that has been prepared. Add a dash of sea salt to each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.