Roasted carrot soup is a healthy, flavorful soup that’s perfect for cold winter days. Roasted carrot soup is a healthy, flavorful soup that’s perfect for cold winter days. This soup is made with roasted carrots, onions, garlic, and a blend of spices such as cumin and coriander.The roasting process caramelizes the carrots, enhancing their natural sweetness and giving the soup a rich, savory base. Make broth and blend until smooth and creamy for a velvety satisfying texture. This soup is also vegan friendly and can be adjusted to your liking. Serve with croutons, fresh parsley, or sour cream for extra flavor and texture. Roasted Carrot Soup is packed with nutrients like vitamin A and fiber and is a great way to incorporate vegetables into your diet. It’s also an easy and affordable recipe that you can make in bulk and freeze for later – a delicious and healthy soup for chilly days!
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: croutons, fresh parsley, sour cream
- Set the oven’s temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine the minced carrots, onion, garlic, olive oil, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in a sizable mixing bowl. Coat by tossing.
- The mixture should be transferred to a baking sheet and baked for 30-35 minutes, or until the carrots are soft and caramelized.
- Add the vegetable broth to the roasted veggies once you’ve transferred them to a food processor or blender.
- Mix till creamy and smooth.
- The soup should be transferred to a pot and cooked thoroughly over medium heat.
- Serve hot with croutons, fresh parsley, or sour cream as optional garnishes.