Paneer Pasanda is a rich and flavorful Indian dish that is sure to impress. This dish consists of thick slices of paneer marinated in a yogurt spice mix, filled with a mixture of grated paneer, cashews, raisins and coriander leaves and cooked in a creamy sauce. The flavor combination is just divine.
The marinade gives the paneer depth of flavor, while the filling mix adds the delicious crunch and sweetness of cashews and raisins. A creamy sauce with cream and garam masala brings all the flavors together perfectly. Sprinkle dried fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi) on top and roll. This adds a slightly bitter earthy flavor that balances the richness of the dish.
Paneer Pasanda is perfect for special occasions or when you want to enjoy a special meal. The dish is easy to prepare, yet impressive in appearance and taste. A great vegetarian option for those looking to change up their evening routine. Enjoy with naan or rice.
- 500g paneer, cut into thick slices
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
For the stuffing:
- 1 cup grated paneer
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Mix yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the paneer slices to the marinade and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the grated paneer, chopped cashews, raisins, coriander leaves and salt to make the filling.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. Add the marinated paneer slices and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove paneer slices from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, heat the remaining ghee. Add filling mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a slice of paneer and put a tablespoon of filling mix on top. Place another paneer sheet on top to make a sandwich. Repeat this process for all paneer discs.
- Add the heavy cream and garam masala to the same pan. Mix well and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add paneer sandwich to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with kasuri mechi and enjoy it piping hot with naan or rice.