The Jungle Bird Cocktail is a tropical, fruity and bitter drink perfect for summer days and beach parties. This cocktail was invented at Aviary Bar in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in the late 1970s and has since become a classic tiki drink. Jungle Bird combines dark rum, Campari, pineapple juice, lime juice and simple syrup to create a refreshing and complex flavor profile.
Dark rum lends Jungle Bird its signature richness and depth, while Campari brings bitterness and herbal notes that balance the sweetness of pineapple juice and simple syrup. Lime juice brightens the drink and adds an acidity that pairs perfectly with tropical flavors. To make this cocktail, shake all ingredients together and strain into an ice-filled glass. The result is a beautiful red drink that is both delicious and visually appealing. Garnish with pineapple slices or lime wheels for an extra tropical touch. Overall, the Jungle Bird is a fruity, bitter, tropical drink for those who love cocktails.
- 2 oz. dark rum
- 3/4 oz. Campari
- 1 1/2 oz. pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the dark rum, Campari, pineapple juice, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge or a lime wheel, if desired.
Serve and enjoy!