A handmade cake that has just come out of the oven is unrivaled. From birthdays to afternoon tea, this timeless dish is ideal for all celebrations. Using top-notch ingredients and strictly adhering to the recipe are the keys to making a tasty cake.
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together to begin. As a result, the dry ingredients will be dispersed evenly and the cake will be delicate and fluffy. Another crucial step is to cream the butter and sugar together in order to incorporate air into the mixture and produce a light and fluffy texture.
Adding in the eggs one at a time and stirring in the vanilla extract further enhances the flavor and richness of the cake. Gradually add the dry ingredients and milk is crucial to prevent the batter from becoming too dense or tough. Be sure to mix well after each addition to fully incorporate the ingredients.
Once the batter is ready, pour it into a greased and floured cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on the cake towards the end of the baking time, and test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready to be removed from the oven and cooled.
Whether you choose to frost the cake or enjoy it as is, a homemade cake is a simple yet delicious treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Share with loved ones and savor every bit
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch (23cm) cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk and beating well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.