Ground beef is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a range of dishes, from straightforward spaghetti sauces to sophisticated casseroles. This delectable and straightforward ground beef recipe can be the basis for a number of other dishes. Start with sautéed onions and garlic to improve the flavor and texture of the steak. Sprinkle salt, black pepper, cumin, and paprika on top after toasting gently. The little spice does not overpower the beef’s natural umami flavor.
This recipe’s amazing feature is how easily it can be customized to your preferences. Spices like chili powder or cayenne pepper can be added to beef if you prefer it hotter. You can tone down the seasoning or even leave out some of it if you like milder beef.
This ground beef recipe is an excellent choice for meal planning because you can create large batches and utilize them for a variety of meals throughout the week because to its adaptability.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1. In a big pan at a medium-high temperature, warm the vegetable oil.
2. Add the chopped onion to the pan along with the minced garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender and transparent.
3. Stirring occasionally, add the ground meat to the skillet and cook until browned.
4. After the minced meat has finished cooking, season with salt, black pepper, paprika, and cumin and mix to incorporate.
5. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer the ground beef combination for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the beef is thoroughly cooked and the flavors have melded.
6. Serve hot ground beef as a taco filling, over mashed potatoes or rice, or as a component of other meals like lasagna and chili.