A flexible and healthful protein, chicken breast can be prepared in a variety of ways. A quick and savory way to make a scrumptious chicken breast is with this recipe for baked chicken breast with garlic and herbs. It imparts a particular flavor.
Starting with a boneless, skinless chicken breast, this recipe is seasoned with salt, black pepper, chopped garlic, olive oil, and dried herbs. Oregano, thyme, and rosemary are among the herbs used in the dish, and they give the chicken a deep, earthy flavor.
The chicken is covered with the herb mixture and roasted in the oven until it reaches a temperature of 75°C inside.
Add grated Parmesan cheese to the chicken’s top and bake the dish for a few more minutes, or until the cheese has melted and browned.
The end product is a tasty and nutritious dish ideal for a quick and simple weekday meal. With a crisp green salad and your choice of sides, garlic and herb-baked chicken breast is served. This recipe will be a hit whether you’re preparing for one person or a large group.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs (such as oregano, thyme, and rosemary)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, minced garlic, dried herbs, salt and black pepper.
- Place chicken breast on the prepared baking sheet and liberally coat with herb mixture.
- Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 75°C.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the chicken breast and bake for an additional 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.