For relaxing afternoons at home, tomato soup is a necessity. Although it can be made at any time, fresh veggies in season are preferable. The tomato soup recipe is fairly straightforward, but the outcome is fantastic. Anytime of the day is a good time to eat tomato soup because it is nutritious. The greatest tomato soup recipes are listed here for you to try at home. Simple ingredients like butter, onions, garlic, tomato puree, and a mixture of herbs and spices are used in this recipe. Make a substantial soup with a thick, creamy texture by adding vegetable soup and whipped cream. The recipe for tomato soup is adaptable and may be customized to your preferences. Leave a few tomato bits in the soup for a rustic feel. Smoothly purée the soup for a silky finish.
With plant-based butter and cream substitutes, this dish can be made vegan and is also acceptable for vegetarians. The dish’s toppings are enhanced in taste and texture. The soup also has the feel of a dinner rather than a side dish. In general, tomato soup is a traditional dish that is simple to prepare and ideal for any occasion. This recipe will quench your appetite whether it’s for a quick lunch or a leisurely meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Optional toppings: croutons, grated Parmesan cheese, fresh basil
- In a sizable pot set over medium heat, melt the butter.
- For about 5 minutes, add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add the sugar, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper along with the crushed tomatoes. To blend, stir.
- Bring the veggie broth to a simmer after adding it.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Until the soup is creamy, purée it using an immersion blender. As an alternative, pour the soup into a blender and purée it in portions.
- Heat fully while incorporating the heavy cream.
- Serve hot with croutons, grated Parmesan cheese, or fresh basil as desired.