Bulgur rice pilaf is a flavorful, healthy dish that’s easy to make and a great accompaniment to your favorite dishes. A nutritious and filling dish made with bulgur wheat and long-grain white rice. In this dish, onions and garlic are sautéed in olive oil until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant. Add the bulgur and rice to the pan and stir-fry until lightly browned. Chicken or vegetable broth is then poured in and the mixture is simmered until all the liquid has been absorbed and the grains are tender. Tall bulgur rice pilaf is ready. You can also add your favorite herbs and spices such as thyme, oregano and cumin to add a unique and flavorful touch to your dish. A simple and hearty side dish perfect for The combination of bulgur wheat, rice and spices is sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs (optional)
- Olive oil should be heated in a sizable pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion until transparent and the garlic is aromatic, about 3 to 4 minutes after adding the onion and garlic.
- Stir together the bulgur wheat and rice in the pot after adding them. Sauté the grains for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring sometimes until they are just beginning to toast.
- Bring the mixture to a boil after adding the chicken or veggie broth. Turn down the heat to low and secure the lid on the saucepan.
- Cook the bulgur rice pilaf for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the grains are soft and the liquid has been completely absorbed. After turning off the heat, let the pot rest covered for a few minutes.
- Fluff the bulgur rice pilaf with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs before serving.