This recipe for fried guacamole is perfect if you enjoy both guacamole and fried food. Using rich, creamy guacamole as the base, this inventive take on the traditional dip is topped with a golden-brown crust. Start with a conventional guacamole mixture, roll it into little balls, and freeze it for fried guacamole. As a result, the guacamole maintains its shape and doesn’t crumble while cooking. Beer, flour, baking powder, salt, and guacamole are combined to create the dough that coats the guacamole balls. The airy, crisp texture of the beer-infused bread delightfully contrasts with the deep, creamy guacamole interior.
The oil must be heated to the appropriate temperature (about 190°C) before cooking guacamole balls. Because of this, the balls cook quickly and uniformly without soaking up too much oil. Guacamole that is warm and creamy on the inside and crunchy, golden brown, and delectable on the exterior is the end result. The ideal appetizer or snack for any occasion is this fried guacamole. For a fresh take on classic guacamole, serve hot with your preferred dipping sauce, such as salsa or savory aioli.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup beerVegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocados, red onion, jalapenos, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Place the avocado mixture on a baking sheet that has been prepared with parchment paper after rolling it into balls with a diameter of about an inch. Freeze them for 30 minutes after placing them on the baking sheet.
- In a larger bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisking continuously, gradually add the beer after the mixture is smooth.
- In a large pot, heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil to 375°F (190°C).
- After being immersed in the beer batter, each frozen avocado ball should be delicately lowered into the hot oil.
- The avocado balls should be crispy and golden brown after two to three minutes of frying. Using a slotted spoon, remove them from the oil and set them on a dish covered in paper towels to drain.
Deep-fried guacamole should be served hot with your preferred dipping sauce.