Broccoli cream soup is a nutritious and comforting dish that’s perfect for a cozy evening or dinner party appetizer. Not only is this soup delicious, but it’s packed with vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber and antioxidants. These nutrients strengthen your immune system, support healthy digestion, and reduce your risk of chronic disease. Broccoli Cream Soup recipe is easy and can be tweaked to your liking. If you like a light soup, you can use milk instead of fresh cream. Other vegetables such as carrots, celery, and potatoes can also be added to the soup for extra flavor and texture. Serve with crusty bread or crackers for a hearty, healthy meal.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butterSalt and pepper to taste
- The broccoli should be washed and divided into small florets.
- Butter should be melted over medium heat in a big pot.
- Cook the onion, diced, and minced garlic in the pot for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is transparent.
- Stir well before adding the broccoli florets to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil the vegetable broth after adding it to the pot.
- The soup should simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the broccoli is cooked, on low heat.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until it is smooth and creamy.
- Stir well after adding the heavy cream to the pot.
- To taste, add salt and pepper to the food.Serve hot and enjoy!