Banana bread is a classic popular sweet that is perfect for any occasion. Simple and easy to make, this recipe uses only a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Ripe bananas give the bread its natural sweetness and moistness, while melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract add body and flavor.
The key to making the perfect banana bread is to use ripe bananas that are almost inedible and tender. This makes the bread moist and flavorful. Adding baking powder helps the bread rise and gives it a light, airy texture.
A delicious meal that can be made at any time is banana bread. Excellent as a dessert to follow supper, an afternoon snack, or for breakfast with coffee. By including chocolate chips, chopped almonds, or additional fruits like blueberries or raspberries, you can further alter the recipe.
Banana bread is a traditional recipe that is simple to make and consistently tasty. When baked in the oven, this recipe will definitely become a family favorite and fill your house with scrumptious fragrances.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Using a fork, mash the bananas in a sizable mixing dish.
- Stir in the melted butter after adding it.
- Salt and baking soda should be combined.
- Add vanilla essence, sugar, and one egg that has been beaten.
- Add the flour and blend immediately before adding more.
- Put the prepared loaf pan with the batter inside.
- 50 to 60 minutes of baking time, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Prior to moving the bread to a wire rack to finish cooling, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.